Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Train Whistles

I was laying in bed the other night after getting up with Arra and I kept hearing a train whistle. It sounded like the train was just sitting there stationary. The whistle just kept blowing. I was thinking to myself, I wonder if the Logues can hear the whistle, I wondered if maybe Clint was awake too listning. Then I thought about our entire group, you can hear those whistles all over town, I thought, how cool if everyone could hear the whistle together... okay, this might be cheezy, but it was 2:00am give me a break :)
It was then and there I thought, every time I hear one of those train whistles, (which seems to be all the time) I'm going to lift up my small group, or whoever. It's like God's personal signal to me that I need to pray, aside from my own time, it's his signal. I just thought it was a cool thought. :)
And how cool for my small group members to know, if they hear a train whistle, maybe I heard it too and am praying for them at that very moment.
:)

8 Comments:

Blogger Candy said...

You are by far the coolest. What a great idea! I'm going to ask God for my signal, too. Wouldn't it be cool if we knew everytime a certain noise (all different ones) was heard we were being prayed for by one of our bunch? I'll let you know what mine is. Of course, not all of them can be heard all over town either. hmmmm.... maybe it could be something else even. We'll see.

2:54 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

Kate..come here, I want to hug you...that is precious!!

4:26 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

oh no..i just read Candy's...I had a hard enough time with picking a word..now I gotta pick a noise..I know what about everytime Sam burps..

4:28 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

hahhhaa..I am just kidding, Candy...I think that is a precious idea.
I have never been so broke in my life...I have never been so rich with friends. so ironic..I have had many friends but I tell ya, I really feel like I could share anything with you guys...

5:01 PM  
Blogger Kate Eason said...

I love you two!!! I feel like we have our own private area here :)
Like a special chat room.
If you guys want to use the train whistle, feel free. I don't mind, maybe God intended it to be our group noise!! :)
LOOOOOVVVVVVVEEEEE YYYYYOOOOUUUUUUU!!! It's funny, when we blog, I feel so much closer when we see each other. It's kinda like a long distance relationship that's actually very close!Am I making any sense???!!!

6:49 PM  
Blogger Kate Eason said...

Hey Candy, you need to show me how to put a picture on my responses like you, too cool!!

6:50 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

really..I don't know how to do that either//

7:01 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

Yes, Kate, you are making perfect sense! I feel the same way..

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home